Ode to my Hipbones

Ode to my Hipbones

I’ve heard it said, that sometimes in your life

you meet a friend who, though only with you for awhile
changes you.
My Hipbones, that friend is you.
Hipbones, You have been with me for years. You have bravely poked out the top of my low rise jeans in college and helped hold up bikinis in Tahiti.
Hipbones, you have stood strong when I clumsily ran into counter tops, door frames, and chairs over the years, wearing your bruises with a silent strength.
Hipbones you have been courageous during countless yoga classes on hard floors while selflessly being pushed into the ground in order to allow Feet and Shoulders to arch and stretch towards the ceilings.
Hipbones, I have always loved you.
I’ve loved how I can rest my hands on you after a long run.
I’ve loved how I can tell when I’ve needed to watch my portion size based weather or not you show up to the party in that dress we love.
I’ve loved how well you tan.
But alas, my dear sweet Hipbones, its time to part ways.
Hipbones, you have received a promotion. You are now part of the Lil B Security Detail. What a prestigious position and I can think of no one better, no one more loyal.
My Hipbones, I will miss you.
My Hipbones, I will not say goodbye to you,
only a bittersweet, see you later.

7 Comments

1. Curlyqfun on April 16, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Cute post. It’s so true, they just disappear

2. shelly on April 17, 2009 at 2:40 am

How do you think of this stuff?! That’s funny.

3. Christy on April 17, 2009 at 3:49 am

That…was AWESOME!!!! Really…so funny, yet so poignant! Nice work…and really…you of all people can take this chink in your exterior and still be one of the most perfectly formed humans on the planet…that is truth…also, you’re right…it is just a temporary goodbye!

4. Primus Six on April 17, 2009 at 4:36 am

Very Cute!! Oh, and I haven’t said CONGRATULATIONS yet!!!!! I am sooooooo happy for you guys. You are about to experience the BEST part of life (being a parent, not pregnancy or labor!) 🙂 Anyway, I am very excited for you two.

5. Curlyqfun on April 21, 2009 at 10:40 pm

I have an award for you – check out my blog to get it.

6. Julie on April 24, 2009 at 9:03 pm

oh come on, no post on great wolf lodge and feet doctors?! You think my boys would love it?! Hows the little girl spa there? i read about it.

7. Lacey Lichi on April 26, 2009 at 12:35 am

CONGRATS!! YES, I’M SCREAMING!!I’m a little behind on the blog world. Ant blogs for me- that’s why it sounds so weird. Pics are mine! Life is busy. I’m so flippin excited for you girlie!!!!! Take care of yourself- take LOTS of pictures and give yourself extra hugs from me. Love you!